How to use this device?
a. Press power button to turn on battery LED light and charge.
b. Keep press power button turn on WiFi icon light , SD Card LED(only you plug in) light to use one key backup, wireless date transfer, travel router.
c. Use you phone, tablet or laptop to connect the WiFi of this filehub
d. Transfer files via app or web. Shoot picture or video via app and save it to your HDD.
e. Change password to setting admin and guest user.
Why it can't recognise my portable SSD HDD?
a. Your portable SSD HDD is password protected, we can't recognise it.
b. The wifi chip(WiFi LED light) did not turn on so you can't find the wifi of this device and it also don't detect your SSD HDD.
Supporting to reading USB hard drives up to 3TB and SD/SDHC/SDXC cards up to 256GB.
Perfect for when you need to free up space for Android or iOS devices.
Up to 5 mobile devices can connect simultaneously allowing you to stream media from the SD or USB drives, or you can directly share files between two different storage devices.
As a portable router, you can turn any wired network to wireless, or connect it via a DSL or cable modem.
1) Due to the limitation of the Apple iOS system, you can ONLY access the Photos folder on your iPad/iPhone; Filehub is currently unable to sync with media files stored in iTunes to USB storage devices due to digital rights management (DRM).
2) Does not work with Mac formatted hard drive.
3) We have updated micro B Port to USB-C Port in order to charge the filehub better
What's in the Box
1 x RAVPower Filehub (Model: RP-WD009)
1x USB Cable
1 x User Guide
1 x Lifetime Warranty Card
|Band Frequency||5 Ghz, 2.4 GHz|
|Data Transfer Rate||300 Mb per second|
|Backup Rate||12-18 Mbps|
|Item Dimensions||4.45 x 3.03 x 0.91 in|
|Item Weight||7 ounces|
|Wireless Compability||2.4 GHz Radio Frequency, 5.8 GHz Radio Frequency|
1. Can I transfer word files with this? i need to pull files from my external hard drive to my ipad pro.
Yes yes yes you can!! I found nothing better then this device.
2. Can I hard wire connect this hub to my home router and access my connected (usb or flash drive) off site?
Thank you for your question. It's a 3 in 1 unit. As a filehub 1)one key backup: Upload your SD card-stored photos to your hard disk or flash drive easily 2)You can access usb,flash drive, SD card while connected the wifi of RP-WD007, no need to connect Ethernet. 3)Transfer or share the files SD Card>>HDD/Flash Drive SD Card>>Phone/pad/laptop(5 device allowed) HDD/Flash Drive>>Phone/ipad/laptop(5 device allowed) 4)Use the in-app camera to save photos and videos directly to SD card or HDD As a Travel Router 1)Router Mode When connected to a DSL or cable modem, it works as a regular router. 2)Bridge Mode Connects to an existing Wi-Fi network and broadcast it as a new wireless signal. 3)AP Mode (Wired -> Wireless) Plug in an Ethernet cable and it will take a wired signal and turn it wireless. As a Portable battery Pack Keep your devices running via traveling. Hope it can help you. More questions please read the users manual on amazon product page or contact firstname.lastname@example.org RAVPower customer service team. email@example.com
3. Is this the newest model
Yes, the newest model (2019 Version).
4. Is a cord included? What's in the box?
Yes, USB charging cable, I’m using it to transfer files by Wifi, although it may be possible to use the USB cord to the iPad Pro to do so.
5. Does it support mac format drive?
No it does not support Mac formatted drives. I am using an NTFS drive.
6. Do you need internet access ie wifi to connect the hub to your ipad pro? Can you use this product without internet access?
You need to search and connect wifi from RAVPower FileHub ( FileHubPlus-XXXX ) network when you import&export data,photo,video... from iPad prod to RAVPower FileHub,dont need home internet access.